Oooooh yummy!!! Salted Caramel Sauce shouts Christmas to me. Drizzled over ice cream, swirled in a milkshake or poured over just about anything actually, it’s always a treat! It’s really easy to make, and as a bonus, this Salted Caramel Sauce recipe & FREE printable doubles up as the perfect little Christmas gift for family or friends! It lasts refrigerated for 2 weeks, but guaranteed… it will be finished before that! So without delay, here’s how it’s made…
Bake Along With Me
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe & Pancake Recipe
A quick video with recipe instructions and tips to help you through!
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Copyright © 2018 – This original recipe and all photos are by Taryn Bloem – thesupermomsclub.com
Prep Time: 15 – 20 minutes
½ cup water
2 cups white sugar
1 cup fresh cream
1 to 1½ tps salt (according to your taste)
½ tps vanilla essence
Heat your stove to a medium heat. Place the water and sugar into a medium pot (20-22cm), and place it on the stovetop. Turn the heat down to medium/low, and stir until the sugar dissolves. If it’s taking too long to dissolve, turn the heat up a little to help it along.
Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat to medium/high, and boil the sugar water (WITHOUT STIRRING) for about 5-7 minutes (until the mixture turns a yellow/golden color).
Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the cream, butter and *salt (*start with 1 tsp and adjust according to your taste) until it’s all combined and smooth & creamy.
If you find that the sugar/water hardens upon adding the cream, you can return the pot to the heat for a couple of minutes, and then beat the sauce with an electric mixer until it becomes smooth & creamy.
Allow to cool for about 15 – 20 minutes. Give it a stir (as there may be a slight butter residue on top) and transfer into a glass jar.
Print The Supermoms Club Salted Caramel Sauce Labels (PDF).
Cut out the label size that fits your jar, and glue it onto lid or attach it to a ribbon around the jar.
Voila… The perfect sweet Christmas gift.
Keeps refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
For a nice recipe variation, add 2 tsp vanilla essence for a fudge-like flavor.
This recipe was originally posted in 2018, and up-dated with some new photos in 2022.
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Glass Jar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 cups Sugar White
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- 90 grams Butter
- 1 – 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Heat your stove to a medium heat. In a medium pot (20-22cm) add the water and sugar. Turn down the stove to medium/low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. If it’s taking too long to dissolve, turn up the heat a little to help it along.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the stove to medium/high and boil the sugar water (WITHOUT STIRRING) for +/-5-7 minutes (until the mixture turns a yellow/golden colour).
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the cream, butter and salt until it’s all combined and smooth & creamy.
- Allow to cool for about 15 – 20 minutes. Give it a stir (as there may be a slight butter residue on top) and transfer to a glass jar.
- Keep refrigerated for 2 weeks. Use over or in just about anything! Yummmmmmy!!!
- For a nice recipe variation, add 2 tsp vanilla essence for a fudge-like flavor.
Back to CHRISTMAS CRAFT AND DIY IDEAS
Back to TRIED AND TESTED RECIPES
Visit My YouTube Baking Vlog Channel
This was one of the best salted caramel recipes I have ever tried! It was absolutely delish and very easy to make, I’m planning on making some to give to my in-laws this Christmas. Thanks to this amazing site I have some great ideas for the holidays!
Thanks so much Michelle! I hope you have a wonderful time making, creating and baking all my goodies. So glad to hear you like my site.
I’m sure your in-laws will love the sauce too, bring on the holidays!